Sunday, February 23, 2014

After Long Silence

It's the camera's fault. It insists on not being unloaded. No pix = nothing happened. Also no record, no memory, no way to date events. Have I been to Portland twice or three times since last post? Did I get to the ocean? Who am I anyway?

Lucy Lippard says in Time and Time Again, "Photography has become essential in narrating personal experience." No pix = no narrative.

I have nothing to say really until after tomorrow's scans in Portland, and then probably not here. This is not a cancer blog, it's the beach-bunny blog, the joy-of-living-in-paradise blog; and that I don't have in my life any more.

Soundtrack: 'Have I stayed too long at the fair?' And... 'And wasn't it a long way down, wasn't it a strange way down?'

Thx to Lori Marx-Rubiner @regrounding for moving me this morning to say SOMETHING.

3 comments:

Ulrike Greenway said...

You just floated into my mind. All best Miriam and much love.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see a post here. I think of you so often. Ah, "been too long at the fair, and lord I just can't stand it anymore."

I was reading a blog the other day and he mentioned a book that he had found very inspiring. It was "The Fruitful Darkness: A Journey Through Buddhist Practice and Tribal Wisdom" by Joan Halifax. So I checked Amazon and took a closer look at it. I read the Acknowledgements, and there you were. How wonderful to see such a lovely connection.

Hope the Portland news is good.

Unknown said...

Towhee, as I met you in PA with our love of Orcas... so miss hearing of your adventures and true love of our environment. I as you, fell in love with PA and it will always be home... where we were meant to be.

Bad me for not staying in touch. You are in our hearts and prayers.

Hugs, Judy & Dave