Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Day Like This

Suddenly it was a perfect weather day. And I spent it mostly around home, doing this and that. Then it was late afternoon. I popped out on the porch to take a picture of the crucial 10 degrees of my horizon,

Looking at the Strait of Juan de Fuca, Off the Bottom of H Street (Click for larger image.)

then headed for Ediz Hook. There were a lot of people out. It's reassuring really that so many people need to go watch the ship traffic on beautiful blue evenings.

Port Angeles Harbor, Mount Angeles, Klahane Ridge (Click for larger image.)

Golden Princess came steaming by, slowed to drop off her pilot, and heading on out to Alaska. (In addition to the cruise ship, a gull, and a cobble henge built by some previous ship watcher, Mount Baker appears in this picture. I'm sorry, I don't know how to adjust the image so the mountain stands out.)

Even though by then a second cruise ship was visible in the distance, the pilot boat (Puget Sound) came zipping back in, barely stopped long enough at the dock to drop off the pilot, and rushed back out onto the Strait to meet Holland America Rotterdam and retrieve her pilot too.



It was windy. I went out to the end of the small boat dock to get these pictures. It was bouncing and rocking so hard the water splashed up onto my shoes.

No comments: