Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Wading Weather (Not)

Sunday the sun never came out at the ocean, however bright it may have been inland and at home along the Strait. Much of the day the clouds sat right on the beach and you couldn't even see the pelicans passing by just offshore. Late in the afternoon it lifted a little, and bunches of pelicans would suddenly loom out of the cloud. It was even possible momentarily to see both ends of the beach.

Rialto Beach, August 30, 2009. (Click for larger image.)
The end of the life of a really big log? After how long? (Click for larger image.)

The tidal range was minimal, from a low high of 5.6 feet at 10:34AM to a high low of 3.7 feet at 3:42PM. I mean, why bother going in and out at all, Mr. Tide? I expected no surf, but the waves were in fact coming in quite respectably. I said I'd wade, and it was warm enough. So wade I did.

No comments: