Thursday, September 03, 2009

Rain This Morning, Rain Tomorrow, Rain All Weekend

We can hope, anyway. The Drought Monitor shows how much we need it.

I've lots of paper and digital housekeeping planned for the rainy days, that and to watch the neighborhood grasses turn green again. (We can hope, anyway.)

Lately went hunting for the source of one of Cliff Mass's satellite images and rediscovered the U. Washington Department of Atmospheric Sciences page of data links. I think that my habits have become too narrow in many ways and this question of what information sources I tend to use to draw my picture of the world is one of them. The six-day wave forecast for La Push holds out great hopes for Sunday. Hmmm. Yes. NOAA's Marine Forecast also gives us a 9 foot swell on Sunday. Enough to notice. Haven't yet found a display that shows me the storm about to be sweeping in. GOES West 1 km. Infrared, maybe; though it doesn't look like several days of weather in that image, there are other systems behind that one...

On the way back from Elwha this afternoon, stopped and filled a container with blackberries from the huge spread of bushes along I Street. They are nearly perfectly ready, I hope the wet weather doesn't ruin them.

No comments: