Friday, December 11, 2009

Reading News

After the last time I so nearly desperately had Nothing to Read, I made some changes. Resolved to no longer hoard books for later (when I might be even more desperate), but to pick up whatever I want to read next regardless. And I started using a LibraryThing widget in the sidebar to track the To-Be-Read Pile, no longer editing the list manually and mentioning only a handful out of the title flux; no longer not bothering to mention the books that aren't worth mentioning (or which are too embarrassing to admit to).

The widget being live, even when the widget enhanced with cover images appears in a post from some months ago, it shows what I'm reading NOW. That I hadn't anticipated. Here it is again:

2 comments:

Gator said...

It looks like you have lots of reading material. I would like to recommend one more book on surf, tides, beaches, etc. if you have not yet read it. It's called "Waves and Beaches" by Willard Bascom. I just finished it, and I highly recommend it; it read like a fiction book and was even comedic in some parts. The author explains the material with first-hand knowledge because he was studying waves and beaches in the early 1940's when alot of this stuff was first being figured out.

-Jeff

mb said...

Ah, thanks. I have it, the 1980 edition, but then I got to worrying it was too old, and so keep putting it aside. Will dive right in :-)