Tuesday, April 07, 2009

On the Weekend

Did went to the ocean Saturday. The weather claimed to be sunny, but was actually kind of hazy, kind of murky. I kept wondering if it was my eyes. There were buffleheads on the lake, an eagle at the beach, skunk cabbage visible in wet places in the woods, lots of corvids; lots lots of people— whole family groups and nearly all with dogs; no seal at the river overlook, no elk in the field at Beaver (probably never will be again but I'll look expectantly each time I drive by there, forever).

Saturday Gulls (Click for larger image.)

While we're reaching back into the past, and given that every trip to the ocean involves driving along Lake Crescent even though I almost never mention it, still less often show it... note the fresh snow:

Lake Crescent, about 8 AM, March 26 (Click for larger image.)

1 comment:

Sky said...

oh, what a delight - lake crescent took my breath away the first time i saw it! the feeling that stirred inside me was beyond joy. we have a photo of me standing in the lake, the water up to my knees. you can see my feet perfectly in that pristinely clear water.